Manufacturing facilities are increasing the use of cable tray for a number of reasons:
1. Clean appearance versus multiple conduits.
2. Ability to have multiple voltages, compressed air, and communications in one common raceway using barrier strips.
3. Very cost effective addition of future circuits without the cost of additional conduits.
4. Re-configuration and re-routing of circuits faster without using electricians.
5. Accommodates control circuit organization using common tray cable with distinct wire colors or numbers.
6. Lighter building structure loading using aluminum tray.
7. Greatly increases flexibility for plant equipment layout.
8. Lower cost of ownership.